Tarja Turunen
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Tarja Turunen

Forum Francophone sur Tarja Turunen

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 couverts – L60cm
279.99 € 390.99 €
Voir le deal

Blog: Orchestra arrangement

AuteurMessage
Ghost
Admin
Admin
Ghost

Blog: Orchestra arrangement Empty
MessageSujet: Blog: Orchestra arrangement   Blog: Orchestra arrangement Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Mar 2010 - 13:15

Orchestra arrangement
February 20th, 2010
Yesterday was a quiet day. Only Jetro, Marcelo and I were working in the studio making edits for the songs already recorded by the band.

It’s great to be able to realize that some of the songs are already ready, just missing my vocals…

I was using one microphone that I very much liked in my previous recordings, but when we started asking for it long time ago, we couldn’t find that microphone in Finland at all!

So yesterday we went through quite many microphones that we had here with us and it was very useful. There can be really big differences between microphones and from my experience, the ones that are usually used in vocal recordings, are not so good for my voice.

Blog: Orchestra arrangement IMG_5863

Most of the microphones cannot handle my high register, so I need to find one that has good high end, but that can also be warm enough to transmit the softer moments.

I am going to be recording my vocals in two different studios; in Petrax where I am singing most of the “rock” tracks and in El Pie Studios in Buenos Aires where the more organic, movie kind of songs will be recorded.
Today we had another guest with us. Marzi Nyman came to add his guitar effects for some of my songs.

Blog: Orchestra arrangement IMG_5881

I know Marzi already from my Xmas concerts. He has been playing on my last couple of tours in Finland and I have always loved his way of using the pedals and effects.

Blog: Orchestra arrangement IMG_5885

He creates unbelievable moods as Doug does with bass.

Some of the songs on this album require special atmospheres and its better to do them organic ways rather than using samples.

Thank you Marzi for your thoughtful work.

Blog: Orchestra arrangement IMG_5875

Another nice thing happened today. I received the first orchestra arrangement from Jim and I have to say again that he is SO talented. He just blows me away every time with his work.

The orchestra will sound massive and beautiful, just as I wished it would sound. Just wait to hear!

I started recording vocals for the first song “LL”. It was the easiest choice to start with. The song will be absolutely and definitely the heaviest track on my album and written by Alex, Johnny and me.

Blog: Orchestra arrangement IMG_5890

I think everything went fine with the song and it was fun to record it. Very easy, took me just few takes to get it right
I’m heading towards new challenges tomorrow.

With love, Tarja
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://tarja-turunen.forumdefan.com

Blog: Orchestra arrangement
Page 1 sur 1